My Philosophy: Everyone’s time is valuable, more so than we realize. We are confined to only being able to do so much in a lifetime. I write these scripts to save you time; with the intention that with your time saved you’ll be able to spend more time with the people that you love and not at work. Now save yourself some time, and continue investing in the important people in your life.
That’s why my personal scripts will always be free with encouraged donations of whatever amount you like.
- Relinks Missing scene assets, like bitmaps, vray proxies, hdr, ies files and more.
- Checks the scene for known issues with V-Ray so you get optimized rendering.
- Sets up all your render element paths based on the output filename you currently have (Max output/VRay frame buffer both supported). Creates a subset of folders in the same folder as your OutputFilename called “#OutputFilename#_Elements” and creates folders for your elements and assigns their paths there. If you’re using the VRay Frame buffer it also turns on SplitGBuffer to saving out to those folders. Just set your outputfilename and click the button.
- Automatically create OpenGL previews of all the cameras in your scene in a single click.
- Allows you to render a sequence of “tweaked” object properties, material properties, modifier properties, and renderer properties.
- Instantly loads the selected objects material in the material editor, saving you a few clicks (my favorite).
- Selects all scene objects with the selected material. Similar to the button on the Material Editor “Select By Material” however this one will select all objects (even if they’re hidden/frozen).
- Select a material, and use the script to automatically open photoshop and all of the bitmaps of the selected material.
- Merge multiple files (obj, max, 3ds, etc) into a scene quickly and easily.
- Script to let you draw a spline and automatically assign a camera to the spline and a Path_Constraint() that follows the path.
- With Multiple Objects selected it will find objects that are cloned on top of each other resulting in animation flickering.
- With a Single object selected it will find and select faces that are coinstanced.
- FindLargeBitmaps is a quick script to search for bitmaps in your scene that are bigger than a specified dimension or file size.
- Loads the specified map type into the material editor that exist in the scene. Very straightforward. Support for special Mental Ray Maps and VRay Maps included.
- This script creates Matte Passes by layers, and works with XRefs. Allowing you to quickly matte out a scene via layered organization.
- This script will select all other faces that have a similar area (defined by your threshold limit).